Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Loom Fad

It's time for an inexpensive, casual, color pop. 
Loom Bracelets!


These bracelets are a go to accessory right now. And, they are DIY. This makes it double awesome because your making what you wear. There is room for bragging here.
Now, there is a huge range of bracelets and to make sure that nobody blows these off as unsophisticated pieces of jewlery, check this out:

So there is a variety of designs that you can make and at a relatively cheap. But we'll get to buying later. 

So far I have found 17 different designs for these bracelets. I've made two. A basic one, and a fishtail. They take patience and a bit of time, but worth it. I wear mine everyday! They match multiple styles of clothing and with the range of colors, they will really go with your wardrobe. 
If you are looking for ways to make these bracelets, you can go to youtube and ban. There is a tutorial for every design. Most of the videos are clear and easy to follow.
But you need the tolls: loom kit, rubberbands, and time. 

You can purchase the looms at the local grocery, pharmacy, craftstore, or at rainbowloom.com. I have also seen an infomercial. Mine was a Christmas present. But my brother did purchase his for $10. He also received a few hundred rubberbands with it. He also has a rubber and storage piece that I'm considering buying one myself.
Most loom kits are around $10 or $15. A package of rubberbands are $2 - $5. This is a great trend for everyone. I hope it stays a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment