Friday, January 3, 2014

Outerwear: Coats

With cold ather sweeping across the United States, it's time to bundle up. You can still be 100% fashionable even at 10 below. I'm going to split winter wear up a little since I have a busy life right now. So please keep coming back as the tempature drops!

I very rarely see people in warm coats. Now, I love my two petticoats to death. They are great for the upper 30's or 40's. Not 15°. If you live in an area that experiences cooler tempatures annually, invest in a few coats. I have 4 coats and two heavy jackets. I'm probally adding another coat (or 2) at the end of the season sales. That really is the best time to buy.
First, I have my go to red puffy coat. This was purchased at Walmart 2 years ago. I find that these coats are best insulated for a budget.
$19.96 at Walmart.com and in stores
This coat comes in a variety of colors but is widely sold out on line.
If you are looking for a little bit more expensive puffy, here are an option from Aeropostale. I will give you the list price and 'price now.'
Aeropostale stores and online
List: $129.00
Current online price: $38.85 

But  puffer might not be the most fashionable of coats. But there are trends involving coats! Trench. Leather. Millitary. Oversize. These are the "in" coats. The coats you'll see on celeberties (they get cold two guys.) The key to these is findindg one in budget. Stores like Walmart will have an option for trench, but you'll end up in your local mall.
Personally, I avoid department stores. They always have high prices with the same quality as other stores.
I went on an online coat search and saw some three digit numbers. Over $100 for a coat? No. I was highly impressed with the selection on oldnavy.com. I'll have to watch for a sale to pick some up.
I wish I could put about 10 on here, but I won't. Though I definately encourage you to head to their site and check out the outerwear.
Now, I want to say that a leather jacket can make a good cold air deflector. I purchased mine at Burlington Coat Factory. It was around $40 I believe. I alway s get compliments! I wore mine to walk to school, unzipped it in class, and was comfortable in both instanses. I honestly want to include a leather jacket as a wardrobe staple.
Checking Burlington is always number 1 on my list when it comes to popular trends. (I'm about due for my seasonal spree!" But Aeropostale, Old Navy, Forever 21, and American Eagle all sell this garment. Look around first. Chances are, you won't have a love at first sight moment like I did with mine.
I will give mention to the millitary style. I really don't like the structured look, but it doesn't match my body type.
And last... Pea Coats!
If you don't have one then, Shame. On. You. I have two. One is a solid, black, thrift store find. It's not very warm, but it is a very fashionable piece. My other coat is white and black stitcbed. It only has two buttons so I often layer with it. It makes a statement and I love pairing it with colored jeans. You can find these absolutely ANYWHERE. So don't say you can't find one.
That's it for coats. I will try to get outerwear accesories up tomorrow.
Please comment about your favorite coat, place to buy coats, or any suggestion for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment