Friday, July 18, 2014

App Review: Wanelo

Wanelo: Want, Need, Love

I know my last two posts have been very deep and insightful and as much as I have enjoyed writing them, I did state in my revamp post that I was still going to talk about products and fashion and all of that jazz. I think one of my favorite things right now is Wanelo. If you don't have this app, I suggest it and here is why:

I find Wanelo through a related post on Pintrest and thought, "what the heck is that?" So I downloaded the app and this cute little icon came up on my tablet




You go through the process of making an account which pretty much consist of your basic information and email. Everything is completely free (my kind of app!). Then, you are asked to follow stores. Here is a list of some stores that I am following if you need any ideas:

  • Forever 21
  • Rue 21
  • Cotton On
  • Reason Clothing
  • Skreened
After that, you will have a feed from these stores showing their products. It's nice because it will show a picture, the price, the store, and if you select the picture, it will take you directly to the product on it's website for purchase through an in-app browser.

I really like this app over Pintrest because of the clear price. It's hard for me when I am on Pintrest to find an amazing shirt and then find out that it costs $100. I don't have that kind of money!

The only two complaints that I have for this app is that I can't reorganize my boards. I have 600+ products on my board and now that I actually have money and I am trying to go back and buy this stuff it is really hard to find it. My other complaint I finding things that are no longer available. I understand that the people who run the app probably cannot control this but it gets really annoying.

Anyways, I would really recommend this app to anyone who times to sit on their couch and look at clothes, jewelry, shoes, or nick knacks online. This app has literally EVERYTHING that you can think of.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carly!

    Great post! We're happy to hear you love Wanelo! :)

    You can organize your collections on the web like this: http://help.wanelo.com/customer/portal/articles/1191680-how-do-i-move-products-to-another-collection-

    This feature is coming soon to mobile, so look out for it!

    We're also working on ensuring that product availability and pricing are correct! We're working with stores directly to make sure that everything is just right for our users!

    Feel free to email us at any time at hello@wanelo.com--we love hearing from our users!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete