Saturday, June 18, 2016

Coffee Book Tag

I have never done a tag on my blog so here it goes! This is the Coffee Book Tag!

BLACK: NAME A SERIES THAT’S TOUGH TO GET INTO BUT HAS HARDCORE FANS.

Image result for outlander book seriesI started reading Outlander and I like it. I do enjoy picking it up from time to time and reading a couple of pages, but I just cannot get into it like some people do. I love the idea of the story. I like learning about the time period. I like the characters. I just cannot devote myself to finishing the entire book.

I have convinced myself that it is because I have the mass market paperback edition and that I need a larger copy of the book. Like, it's the same concept as how I cannot read a book on an ereader. I just need to have a larger copy of the book and then I will be able to read the book and become a part of the fandom.

But until then, this is where it stands. I have a really hard time getting into Outlander. I'm sorry guys!

PEPPERMINT MOCHA: NAME A BOOK THAT GETS MORE POPULAR DURING THE WINTER OR A FESTIVE TIME OF YEAR.

I honestly am taking a total guess on this one. But I think My True Love Gave To Me is a lot more popular around the holiday season. I don't know. I don't read books for the season. Just to be honest here. I had to look up the name of the book because all I know is the cover. However, now that I see some of the authors it looks like it would be a pretty good read.

HOT CHOCOLATE: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHILDREN’S BOOK?

I could never pick a a favorite book. I cannot even pick a favorite book from my childhood. I read most of the usuals that we all read. So I am going to pick two of my favorite books/series from when I was a child.

My favorite book when I was a little little girl was called Love You Forever by Robert Munsch. My great grandma read this book to me all the time. It is about a mom and son. The focus of the book is how the love for the son does not change how he grows up and how he is finally the one that must hold and love his mother.

But when I was in the Middle Grade age I really loved Dear Dumb Diary. This was a very girl focused diary series about middle school. It was full of laughs and lessons that probably did not help me one bit. But the drawings were fantastic and I loved every bit of it. 

DOUBLE SHOT OF ESPRESSO: NAME A BOOK THAT KEPT YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT FROM START TO FINISH.

This is the only real ebooks that I have ever read and only because they were only published as ebooks. They are The Eden Trilogy by Nicole Williams. (If you have ever seen a paper copy, please tell me!) 

These are, if I had to pick a favorite series, these are it. Each book kept me on the edge of my seat wanting to scream at the characters. I loved every second of the adventure and would recommend it to anyone who likes supernatural romance.

Basically, without giving too much away, it is about a girl who has just moved into her new college campus. She begins giving tours and is told to take Will on a tour. Except there is an instant attraction between the two. And Will is an immortal. 

STARBUCKS: NAME A BOOK YOU SEE EVERYWHERE.

Image result for me before you book coverI have seen this book everywhere, except where I had a gift card and was ready to buy it! It's Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I want this book so bad. I need to read it. That's all I can say. I just have to read it. I think that the book is haunting me and just saying "Read sanume, Read me."
If you do not know what this book is about, check out my Summer Reading List post. I briefly summarized it on there. I will also review it when I do get a chance to read it.  I plan on buying it off of Amazon since that is the cheapest I have found it.


THAT HIPSTER COFFEE SHOP: GIVE A BOOK BY AN INDIE AUTHOR A SHOUT OUT

This book is not out yet but is by an amazing indie author, Angie Grigaliunas. Her first book is called Sowing and will be released later this summer on Amazon. I have been following her through the later half of the writing process and it sounds like a brilliant read.  I would recommend this to anyone interest in fantasy/dystopian genre. I feel like anything I write about it does  not sound as well said as when she herself describes the story. Probably because a writer has so much passion about their work. I definitely recommend this. Every snippet I have been lucky enough to read has been amazing.

 OOPS! I ACCIDENTALLY GOT DECAF: NAME A BOOK YOU WERE EXPECTING MORE FROM.
Image result for the 5th waveNormally, I am not let down by a book. However, The 5th Wave was a let down for me. I did not even finish it. I could not do it. I wanted to. I kept thinking that it was going to get better and it never did. It was like a big, snooze.
If you have read The 5th Wave and really think that I should give it another shot, then let me know. If I have enough people tell me that it will be worth it, then I will give it another shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment