Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Disney Princesses Rethought: pictures

I'm sure that we all know who the Disney Princesses are. But lately, they have been getting some interesting make overs. These new looks range from hipster to zombie and show off a more grown up side to our childhood movie heros.
Personally, my favorite princess was Cinderella. She really earned her place in the kingdom and the biggest moment of the movie involves a shoe. This is totally up my alley.
Lately though, I have been interested in all of them in their new spots. My interest started when Glamour featured a picture of the 'hipster' princesses last year. Since then, I have been really happy to see all the spin offs of the girls.
I know this is totally unorganized but these are some of the most common ones that I have seen:

I love these pictures because, first of all, they are art. There is nothing better than people taking something that everyone thinks they know amd reinventing. These drawings show the princesses cover Vogue in couture gowns, following the hipster fad, and being covered in tattoos. And these are just some of the ones I have in my images alone.
These inspiring females have become one of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment