Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Flowers in the Attic

Today I watched a Lifetime movie called 'Flowers in the Attic.' I had recorded it last week and finally got the time to sit down and watch. I am a huge of Lifetime and yet again, they produced on amazing film. Based on a book series, the movie shows the life of four children who are trapped in an upstairs room. I don't want to give anything away, so you need to watch it.
But, as always, I found myself fixiated on the costume design. I have to admit that one of my weaknesses are periodic movies as they show the clothing of a different time. This movie was based in the 1950's and I adored the wardrobe of Cathy played by Kiernan Shipka. Honestly, I wish I had her closet in the movie. The outfits are basic but chic. These days, I feel like that appearance is becoming harder and harder to achieve without pouring in hours of time on your appearance.
Anyways, if you haven't seen the movie than you have no idea what I am talking about. So take a look!
I have to say that her character is now being added to my list of style icons. I hope to find some similair looks thrifting!




No comments:

Post a Comment