Monday, February 17, 2014

Make Up Haul

Hey! So, I was at the store on Saturday and decided to go check out the beauty department. First of all, the grocery store I go to now sells E.L.F! I was so excited! Though they did have a more limited selection as opposed to Target, it was a good surprise. Aside from that, Wet n Wild was buy one get one 50% off. So I bought more make up at once this time then I think I ever had before. I normally only get 2 or 3 things and this time it was like "I"ll take this.. and this.. and this!"
Alright, let's go through this. I got E.L.F. all over stick in pink lemonaide, E.L.F. eyelash curlers, E.L.F brow and lash duo, 4 eyeliners from Wet n Wild, 4 sparkly eye shadows, Maybelline Color Whisper in 'Who wore it red-er?', and Maybelline Bold Gold nail polish from the Color Show collection. I also got a new Almay eye shadow from my mother.
I have been dying to get some sparkly eye shadow for a few months now and always chickened out or was not willing to pay the price. The singles from Wet n Wild were a lovely $0.93 and came in a variety of shades. I decided to go with the obvious silver and gold, a blue to compliment my eyes, and a purplish since I am currently wearing a lot of pink and purples. 

Here are some swatches of the shadows. I love how clear the glitter is in each color. They definately require a solid base underneath as the pigment is not the strongest. I really had to dig in with my brush to pick up enough for the color to be visible and not just the sparkle. This isn't a huge deal for me since the sparkle is why I bought them.

These are the eye liners. I bought bronze, sky blue, navy blue, and white. I did not like how chalky the white went on. The other three had a little bit different of a texture even though they are all from the same brand. I am really excited about the sky blue. It has a slight shimmer to it. Now, I know what some of you are thinking. I promise you that I am not crazy for using odd eye liner colors. I know someone who does a rainbow with hers and it is one of the awesomest eye looks that I have ever seen. Ever.
Aside from the eye product, the only other things with color are the stick and Color Whisper. First of all, I was very dissappointed with the shade of the Color Whisper. I was looking for a very vibrant red and it is still borderline hot pink. If red is in the name then the color should be red. That is just the sensible thing to do. As for the color stick from E.L.F., I have only tried it as a face product so far. They say on the package that you can use it for anything and I am a little concerned about such a thick substance going on my eye lids.


1 comment:

  1. I don't wear makeup, but this is still pretty cool to read! keep posting this cool stuff

    ReplyDelete