Thursday, February 13, 2014

Modcloth

I have to admit that I had never looked at the Modcloth website until last night. I have made the decesion on looking for a 50's style dress for my garden party this summer. It turns out that Modcloth has a lot of vintage pieces. I fell in love with this dress the moment I saw it.
What I love about this dress is that it is very feminine but doesn't have a bunch of lace and frill. I love the skirt. It is not a huge poof but it still has the volume that I prefer in special occassion dresses. The blue floral is also great for me because the shade makes my blue eyes pop.
But enough about my dress requirements for this summer, let's talk about their vintage selection. I am in love with their clothes. The clothing is very inspired by the 50's 60's and 70's but it's not grandma clothes. I try so hard to look in the young women age range and I feel like this site can help to achieve that. Between dresses and swimwear they are a vintage lovers paradise. 
This dress is a perfect representation of my favorite style in the world. I am a huge fan of dresses with high collars for everyday wear. The last thing you want to worry about on the go is a slip from the top. The high collar is very chic and not labeling of an overmodest, above all girl. With the flowly skirt, you have the perfect balance of simple and flirty.
I really like the top in this outfit. I own multiple ties and this is a much more feminine version of a mans neck tie. This also dispels the fear of picking the wrong necklace. As for the skirt, it is perfectly at the knee. A high waist is also a great proportion and balancing the assamble with plain shoes keep the appearance balanced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment