Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dressing Up

After the past few months of bitter weather, the prospect of a heat wave is a life savior. Honestly, it has been too cold to wear leggings most of the time. These conditions make it difficult to dress up beyond a nice pair of jeans. With spring right around the corner, it is time to take things up a notch. The best thing to do this with is a new dress. There is nothing like the first time you get to rock a dress. I have been looking around for the new styles just out for spring and I am excited.
First of all peplum is here and it's amazing. I just got a peplum top at the thrift store and might be wearing it tomorrow. But I really want a dress. My plan is to make one out of houndstooth material I bought, but I think having a solid color would be nice. And I found one for $8.80 on the Forever 21 website.
A site that has really sparked my interest for this season is rue21. They have a lot of floral and aztec prints available. I really love their new choice for the season. Most of their dresses are under $30 to make them very affordable.
One style that I am disappointed to see again is the maxi dress. I find them to be difficult to walk in. They also take away the airiness I personally look for in a dress. Yes, I still try to spin around with a big skirt. But I think that gives a femine touch. They also give an awkward proportion to someone with a short body.

No comments:

Post a Comment