Thursday, February 6, 2014

Random Trends

I am sorry for a sloppy post. I had a ton of work to do for a club I run at my high school and while shopping for club material, I was stopped and ending up in the thrift store. I wish I had pictures and I am really working on that guys. I actually put a virus on my memory card somehow and can't use it now. So it stinks. Totally looking to fix it as soon as I possibly can.
So at the thrift store I got a musturd yellow knit sweater, an Effiel Tower shirt, and an adorable purple purse. I love it all so much and need the laundry process to go quick enough so that I can have the sweater for Sunday.
Anyway, I might be in love with a new style and that's hard because I am on a super budget that makes it hard to love new trends. This is why I need to take more sewing lessons and find someone to teach me how to knit. I really like the idea of making most of my clothes at some point.
The trend is long sweaters. I own one and wore it for the first time today and loved it. It was fun to wear with the hint of breeziness but still having the structure and fit that I am always looking for. And a lot of people were wearing them today which really just made me fall more in love with them. If you have no idea what I am talking about, here is an example:

So I'm probably going to post a ton of pictures on the twitter account @velvetgiggles. You really should follow it like NOW because I randomaly find pictures that I want to share with the world.
I also want to point out another look that has resurfaced that I love. When I was in elementary school overalls were on the outs. I still liked them and wore than and that was that. I think that they are a cute look that makes for an easy morning. This is as long as you don't go to farm with it. Style them right and wha la.

This is a pair of denim overalls which is the style that you have to be careful with. I don't want to see anything but chic. And I think the chic comes from a black pair like these:
I'm actually totally just going to go on overall and sweater overload now because these are not super duper safe trends.
Well, it is time for judging on Under the Gunn and I have a designer that I am totally addicted to right now.


1 comment: