Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bag Rules

I have to carry a purse of some sort everywhere I go. I've been like this since I was a little girl, but getting older has helped me to be able to exercise my taste in bags. And enforce my rules. I'm going to tell you these rules. Why? Because everyone needs to have rules and expectations when purse shopping. I feel so bad when I am at the mall and see someone blindly looking around and picking up tiny purses and then giant hobos. It makes shopping for one of the best accessories a lot more stressful than it needs to me.
Here are my rules:
HAS TO FIT MY TABLET
I have the nook hd which is a 7" tablet. I use this thing for absolutely everything. I write, keep pictures of what I'm looking for when shopping, and have a lot of my school notes. I literally never leave home without it and need to fit this into whatever bag I am taking with me. I can't just carry a random tablet around. 
This rule is actually an edit from before I had a tablet when it had to fit a notebook. Can you see my giant purses?

AT LEAST TWO POCKETS 
A lot of people I know complain about having too much space in their purse. Keep it organized and it won't be a problem. Right now my purse has 5 zippable pockets and two non. It's not confusing at all. Keep it organized with a pocket for the things you grab most often and keep large objects in the center.

ZIPPERS 
For my 13th birthday I got a graffitti print purse that I absolutely loved. Excited, I stuffed in my bgum, body spray, wallet, and all that other good stuff. We went to the mall and when I came home the velcro fastner came undone, dumping everything in the front yard. This happened again in church and multiple parking lots. Don't have this happen to you. Only buy purses that zip.

NOTHING PLAIN
I don't want to get an argument here, but I really hate black and brown purses. I like denim and patterned or super bright colors. No, it doesn't match everything in my closet. But at the end of the day, your look is suppose to represent who you are. Nothinfg about me is boring like a brown bag.

Another big thing about purse shopping is knowing what you want ahead of time AND knowing who you are. If you know what you want, your not going to get loss in the mess of bags.

I know I say this a lot, but I think it matters most here.WAIT FOR SALES. I love purses that are $70+ and normally pathless than $50. You already have a purse (at least I hope so.) You don't have to buy it right at that moment. Wait for the sale and it will be worth it.

My purse.


So, I just had to search for 15 for a picture and fell in love with their current bags. 
Check back tommorow for more purses from Lily Bloom (featured above) and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment