Friday, January 17, 2014

Beauty Bundles

I don't know if it's me, or if everyone loves getting stuff in the mail. Because I really do. Right now, I am subscribed (and about to mail in) Seventeen, InStyle, Teen Vogue, and Glamour magazines. I also did my first online shopping (check out my stuff in the Forever 21 post.).
Lately, I've been hearing A LOT about subscription services. Naturally, I jumped to my  go to cosmetics brand, E.L.F. yeah, not happening. It's $120.00 plus shipping. I don't have the funds for that. So I decided to spend my Friday not searching the internet for Beauty Bundles.

Julep

I started with Julep. I've seen it advertised a lot around the internet and wanted to see what it's about. This subscription is for nail polish. I love nail polish. The first box is free. I like free.
After taking a style survey, I was taken to a page with the monthly price AT LAST.

You do get some choice in what you recieve, and you can an el whenever you need to. So if you are looking for this, it is a good deal. Their nail polish is normally $14 a bottle, so it's worth thinking about.

Beauty Army

First off, I was so happy to see a clear price right of the bat. This service is $12 a month for your choice of 6 samples. It's great fir if you are considering investing in a product.
Again, I had to take a survey. It asked about skin type, hair type, and fragrance prevences. I felt like they wanted to understand you as a costumer and not just take your money. 
I had to make a profile to pull together an actual sample box, but took the time to look at their shop. There were great brand names and lots of options.
I would defiantly consider this for myself if the oppurtunity arose where I had that extra money at the end of the month. It seems like a personalized approuch to subscription bundles.

Birch Box
Upon first glance of the site, I wasn't going to give it a minute of my time. Until I saw the $10 a month cost. I wanted to know what you would be getting for $10. After hitting up google, I wasn't very impressed with what people were receiving. It really is a sample service with little, plastic pouches of lotion. No thank you.


Beauty Box 5
I was impressed, until I looked up examples. It's still small samples. I don't want pouches of lotion and travel size face wash. Here is their December 2013 box:




This is honestly disappointing to me. It is only $12 a month, $30 quarterly, or $99 for a year. Go buy samples 
on a sample sit or at Walmart. You'll save some money.

Ipsy
Now, THIS impressed me. Just, wow. You get a beauty bag every month with actually a really good selection. It's also $10 a month! You take a really comprehensive quiz to talk about what you buy and your comfort level with new product on top of the 
Skin and hair color questions.
Check out ipsy.com to look into this service and take your own quiz.



E.L.F.
At the end of my search, e.l.f. is definately the biggest "bang for your buck."
Why?
Now, remember they have a $19.99 +$6.95 price. This is an example of their beauty bundle.
They have a list of the products shown above with the list price on the site. This bundle is worth $40.00.
Check out e.l.f. bundles to subsribe.

So, I hope this helped you get a little bit more understanding of the beauty bundle options available. Let me know if your subscribed to one that I did/didn't mention and share what you think of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment