Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bumming It!

Let's be honest, we don't all want to dress up every day of the week. Sometimes, wearing a pair of jeans is too much. The silky blouse that shoulder slips is getting on your nerves. Don't push yourself. Part of making an outfit look great is the positive attitude you tie to it.
So let's talking bumming it. I'm going head to toe here. 
First off, I don't know who said a messy bun is easy. Keep a ponytail. Okay, those buns drive me crazy. If I'm not wearing jeans, I'm not spending more than a second on my hair. So pony tail and go. (Or just go all natural)
Personally, I'm a girl who can go without make up. But I do respect that some girls can't. So keep it basic. No foundation or blush or concealor. I stick with eyeshadow and mascarra to keep me looking somewhat alert. I also hate my eyelashes. This takes me no more than 5 minutes to do, often time a half of that. 
I guess after eyes come ears. So for jewlery (because stopping at the nexk and wrist and fingers would be too much) it's unnecessary to wear metals. What do I mean? Fun jewlery (like loom bracelets!) Go fine. I sleep in mine. If you wear earrings, keep it to basic studs. Nothing fancy.
Now it's time for my big fess up. I love guys clothes. I steal my brothers all the time and they are amazing comfortable. Get a few. Okay, just trust me. Be a guy and buy something you can throw on and go with. Cause a girl's tshirt is complicated most of the time. 
I have a go to tshirt from a clam shack. No, I didn't go their. It's just cool. And you can dress it up (which might be the next post....) or go with it. 
Another option is a cami and sweatshirt. Tshirts under a hoodie feels awkward to me. It's also hot. For hoodies, just don't spend a bunch of money. You can get solid colors at JoAnn's fabrics for  $16.99. Not bad. They have about 10 colors if I remember right. Also, Aeropostale has sales for around $10.00 periodicly. But I do not recommend thrifting for hoodies. They are normally associated with something you've never heard of, or have someone else's name on it.
And I bet you can't guess what I'm going to say for bottoms.
Take a guess.
.
..
....
Did you say sweatpants?
Oh my! You got it right!
Okay, I know everyone loves yoga pants. I don't. They are cold. They cause static. They show your panties. Yes I went there but I can't help it. Sweatpants are the way to go. I have a pair from Kohls that were a gift. They are gray and I love them. I will be buying more next weekend. So that's going to be great.
Anyway, I really like the brand SO at Kohls and I recommend looking there for sweats. They have really good prices and nothing from that brand has ever disappointed me. Right now, there flare legged sweatpants are $16.99. I did scroll through the selection in the Juniors active and found a lot of cute pairs. I also looked in womens and found the exact same pair for $1 less. They really do look identical.

So why did I write this? Because bumming it is a fashion statement. It really is and I feel like some people look at it as that strange cousin drooling in the corner that only the crazy adults like. It's a weird metaphor, I know. But it's ignored and shouldn't be. I bum it and so should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment